1. Log into Sightline EDM
2. Add an Alert Group
- Navigate to the Alerts Tab
- Navigate to the Alert Groups Tab
- Click the “Add Alert Group” button OR edit an existing Alert Group.
- Fill in the fields and click save
6. Find the desired metric and click the insert button
- Note: You can select a specific CPU, disk or storage or, you can select the metric name to monitor ALL of them.
- You can click the help icon in order to read the description of the metric, to make sure that is the one you want to monitor.
- Repeat for each item you want to monitor in this compound expression
7. Add in the necessary operators (see EDM Documentation for more detailed description of available operations)
8. Add an Expression Name
9. Click "Save Expression"
10. Find and click your newly created expression under the "---All Expressions ---" group
11. Click the "Select Metric" button
12. Set the Alert Value to .999
13. Fill in any information for alert emails, traps, sounds etc. See EDM documentation for more information about configuring alerts.
14. Click the Finish Button
15. Assign the newly created alert group to a connection.